Sidmouth Town Football Club Groundhop Day picture special
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town might have been edged out by the odd goal in seven in their Good Friday Groundhop Day, East Devon derby, meeting with Budleigh Salterton, but off the pitch the day was a huge success for the club.
Despite the dreadful weather conditions a crowd of 336 turned out for the game, the day’s first of three in the Groundhop.
The kick-off was delayed by almost an hour as one of the Groundhopper-transporting coaches had not arrived.
Rob Knight (2) and Ryan Davies, scored for the Vikings who had led 1-0, but then trailed twice by a margin of two goals before setting up a tense last few minutes when there was just the one goal between the teams.
Town are back in home action this Saturday (April 7) when the opposition are an Appledore side that start the game sitting immediately below Town in the Eastern Division table, but have played three games fewer and trail Town by four points.
You may also want to watch:
A home win would go a long way to ensuring Town are not dragged into a battle to avoid the bottom two places during the final games of the league season.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution