Sidmouth Town Football Club Groundhop Day picture special
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town might have been edged out by the odd goal in seven in their Good Friday Groundhop Day, East Devon derby, meeting with Budleigh Salterton, but off the pitch the day was a huge success for the club.
Despite the dreadful weather conditions a crowd of 336 turned out for the game, the day’s first of three in the Groundhop.
The kick-off was delayed by almost an hour as one of the Groundhopper-transporting coaches had not arrived.
Rob Knight (2) and Ryan Davies, scored for the Vikings who had led 1-0, but then trailed twice by a margin of two goals before setting up a tense last few minutes when there was just the one goal between the teams.
Town are back in home action this Saturday (April 7) when the opposition are an Appledore side that start the game sitting immediately below Town in the Eastern Division table, but have played three games fewer and trail Town by four points.
You may also want to watch:
A home win would go a long way to ensuring Town are not dragged into a battle to avoid the bottom two places during the final games of the league season.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways