Sidmouth Town host Devon Premier Cup derby
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town are in home action tomorrow (Saturday) when they entertain Budleigh Salterton in a Devon Premier Cup tie first round tie.
The prize for the winners is a trip to North Devon for a second round tie at Braunton on Saturday, November 5.
The Vikings were without a game last Saturday, which was a shame given that their last outing – the Saturday, October 1, 4-2 win at Liverton – a result that extended the Town unbeaten run to three games following a Monday night 6-0 mauling at Crediton United in early September.
At Manstone Lane this season the Vikings have put together a tidy run and are unbeaten at their headquarters since a single goal loss to Alphington back on August 20.
Budleigh’s current form is not good – they went down 5-0 at home to Torridgeside on Wednesday night – that a second successive game without scoring as they lost the previous outing 1-0 to Axminster Town.
You may also want to watch:
So far this league season, the Robins have lost 4-1 at St Martins and won 3-1 at Galmpton in their only two away league games.
Town boss Josh Stunell says: “Current form goes out of the window in cup ties - especially derby ties - and so we will need to be at our best. It ought to be a cracking game.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby