Sidmouth Town III land first win of season with 3-2 success over Colyton
Sidmouth Town III bagged their first win since being formed at the start of the season courtesy of a 3-2 success over Colyton.
The early exchanges gave Town much cause for encouragement with Jamie Briggs prominent and it was he who sent a set piece into the area for Jack Scrivens to fire then into the lead. The goal was young Scrivens’s first in adult football.
Two minute after going ahead the Vikings were pegged back with Town gloves man Adam Bartlett, despite a great effort, being unable to keep the ball out.
The Sidmouth response was good and Arnie Onaki headed them back in front.
Colyton restored parity early in the second half, but Ian Peacock’s team were in no mood to lie back and once again they were quickly onto the front foot and it was no more than they deserved Onaki rifled home what proved to be the winner.
You may also want to watch:
A delighted Peacock said: “It was a superb all-round team show. Choosing a man of the match was unusually difficult. Mike Stamp caught the eye with some determined defending and impeccable organisational skills. Arnie’s goals would ordinarily have swung it for him. But ultimately it was decided that the Man of the Match should go to Jamie Briggs whose sheer will and determination stood out throughout.”
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 3 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 4 Laptops and tablets donated by Sidmouth community help school children learn from home
- 5 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 New year golf at Sidmouth
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Pitch perfect at Ottery St Mary