Sidmouth Town III land first win of season with 3-2 success over Colyton
Sidmouth Town III bagged their first win since being formed at the start of the season courtesy of a 3-2 success over Colyton.
The early exchanges gave Town much cause for encouragement with Jamie Briggs prominent and it was he who sent a set piece into the area for Jack Scrivens to fire then into the lead. The goal was young Scrivens’s first in adult football.
Two minute after going ahead the Vikings were pegged back with Town gloves man Adam Bartlett, despite a great effort, being unable to keep the ball out.
The Sidmouth response was good and Arnie Onaki headed them back in front.
Colyton restored parity early in the second half, but Ian Peacock’s team were in no mood to lie back and once again they were quickly onto the front foot and it was no more than they deserved Onaki rifled home what proved to be the winner.
You may also want to watch:
A delighted Peacock said: “It was a superb all-round team show. Choosing a man of the match was unusually difficult. Mike Stamp caught the eye with some determined defending and impeccable organisational skills. Arnie’s goals would ordinarily have swung it for him. But ultimately it was decided that the Man of the Match should go to Jamie Briggs whose sheer will and determination stood out throughout.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution