Sidmouth Town in cup final tonight (Wednesday) - can you help them lift the trophy?
- Credit: Archant
Help Sidmouth Town bring cup glory to East Devon.
Sidmouth Town are in a cup final tonight (Wednesday) and need your help to enable them to be the team that lifts the virtual trophy high into the night sky! The ‘Twitter Cup’ is an idea thought up by arguably the finest football administrator that exists – yes, there are some superb football administrators the length and breadth of the UK - but we think Phil Hiscox, who looks after the South West Peninsula League, is the crem-de-la-crem.
He came up with the idea of the competition when the football season, as we know it, ground to a halt.
An initial draw was made involving the member clubs of the SWP League with ‘matches’ pairing teams, with one side making progress if they got more twitter ‘votes’ than the opposition.
The Vikings [for the uninitiated, that’s the nickname of Sidmouth Town] battled through the early rounds and, in the semi-final, they overcame Falmouth Town after receiving over 1,000 votes.
You may also want to watch:
So, to all East Devon-based football fans (and indeed anyone with a passion for all things East Devon), PLEASE HELP THE VIKINGS LIFT THE TWITTER CUP.
Visit https://www.swpleague.co.uk/ and see their twitter feed for more information.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients