Sidmouth Town in Tuesday night action at Bovey Tracey
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Town are in midweek action with a Tuesday night visit to Bovey Tracey for a South West Peninsula League (SWPL) Eastern Division game (7.30pm).
Town travel to South Devon buoyed by Saturday’s splendid 2-0 win at Ilfracombe Town – only the second away win of the league campaign for the Vikings and a most welcome second clean sheet success of the season.
The points were won thanks to second half goals from Tyler Wellman and substitute Ben Burrows.
Town boss Josh Stunell said post match: “It was a richly deserved success and, frankly, had we won 5-0 then I doubt too many impartial watchers would have argued against it.”
He continued: “It was a funny one as I had been seriously thinking about changing young Tyler [Wellman]. He has so much quality in his game, but it seemed to be just ‘one of those days’ for him. However, just as I was thinking of my switch he gets the ball one the edge of the area, fashions sufficient space for himself to get a shot in and then rifles the ball into the top corner – it was some strike and underlines what a talent the lad is.”
You may also want to watch:
As for the Bovey trip, the Town boss says: “It will be another tough game, but I am confident because, as I felt on Saturday before the Ilfracombe game, when you get our lads into the dressing room and look around you cannot help but feel there’s quality in all areas and our team are as good as any in the league.
“It’s all about consistency of individual and collective performance and if we deliver more of the same of what we served up at Ilfracombe when we play Bovey then there’ll be no complaints from yours truly.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!