Sidmouth Town kit draw proves a huge hit with local business
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town’s efforts to raise funds by way of a draw for a business to become shirt sponsors has proved to be a huge hit.
No fewer than 49 business’s stepped forward to take part and the big draw is set for this Saturday (August 5), taking place at the clubhouse in Manstone Lane at noon.
Councillor Stuart Hughes will be making the draw at which three businesses will be drawn, one to be on the shirts of the first team, another on the 2nd team kit and a third to adorn the third team strip.
The first of the 49 business to register their support was Sue Brown of Colyton Garden Centre and she is shown in the photograph with Vikings first team assistant manager John Clements.
Town boss Josh Stunell, who came up with the draw together with his number two John Clements, says: “We are so grateful to each and everyone of the 49 business’s that got involved. It really does make a big difference when you know that you have such great support from your local business community.
You may also want to watch:
“What I would say is that it has certainly meant that John and I have been very busy throughout the close season!”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution