Sidmouth Town land first win of new SWP League season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town began their South West Peninsula League, Eastern Division away campaign with a splendid win in Exeter on Wednesday night.
The Vikings travelled to Alphington where they claimed all three points after a 4-3 success.
Dan Norman, who has made a fine start to life as a Viking, bagged a brace and there were also goals from Tony Cox and Aaron Doble.
The win lifts Town to 10th in the fledgling table.
On Saturday Town are at home for the third time this term when they take on Newton Abbot Spurs (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
The South Devon side have made an identical start to the one by Town with one win, one draw and one defeat to date. They have lost at Crediton (3-1) and drawn at Teignmouth Town (0-0).
Read a more informed match report on the Town win at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services