Sidmouth Town net three more - but ship seven in high scoring game at Appledore
Sidmouth Town suffered a heavy reversal when they travelled to title-chasing Appledore in a South West Peninsula League Eastern Division game.
The 7-3 defeat was the 13th loss in 22 league outings this season.
However, Town once again proved themselves to be the team to watch if you want to see goals – and plenty of them!
To the Vikings credit only Exeter University and Budleigh have managed to score more than two at Appledore this season, but it will be the seven further goals conceded that will be of far greater concern to the Town management.
The goals against column now stands at 57 and no other side in the Eastern Division has shipped more than 50.
You may also want to watch:
However, at the other end of the pitch the 67 goals the side have scored in their 22 matches is bettered only by third-placed Galmpton United (59) and table-topping Teignmouth Town (72).
Ash Small (2) and Ricky Pitter netted for Town at Appledore and tomorrow the side heads for South Devon and a meeting with Galmpton United.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box