Sidmouth Town OFF but Sidmouth Chiefs ON - it’s another soggy Saturday for local teams
- Credit: Archant
A round-up of what’s on and what’s off on another soggy Saturday for local fteams
Sidmouth Town's South West Peninsula League Premier East meeting with Cullompton Rangers is off after the Manstone Lane pitch failed a Saturday morning inspection.
Also off are Town Reserves who were due to travel to Bow AAC for an East Devon Senior Cup tie and the Town thirds Macron League Division Four game at home to Cranbrook is also off owing to waterlogged pitch at Sidford.
Ottery St Mary's Scott Richards Devon League South & West game at home to Roselands was also called off despite a great effort by the ground staff at Washbrook Meadow. Budleigh's game at University of Exeter in the North & East division also fell to the weather.
However, there is action in Sidmouth today at the Blackmore home of Sidmouth Chiefs who host high-flying Chew Valley in a league game.
You may also want to watch:
Kick-off is at 2,30pm.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'