Sidmouth face difficult start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Life in the South West Peninsular League Premier Division East could get off to a rocky start for Sidmouth as they face four away trips in their first five games.
The Vikings must travel to Torpoint, Torrington, Crediton and Brixham in just 14 days as part of their season opening.
This means the team will have to travel 396 miles during the two week period which starts on Saturday, August 10.
The one home game they have during that period is on Wednesday, August 14, against Axminster Town
Luckily for the Vikings, after they play Brixham they then have four home games in a row against Newton Spurs, Millbrook, Cullompton Rangers and Elburton Villa.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth's Boxing Day fixtures comes against Axminster Town and their final game of the season is on Good Friday against Honiton Town.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!