Sidmouth face difficult start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Life in the South West Peninsular League Premier Division East could get off to a rocky start for Sidmouth as they face four away trips in their first five games.
The Vikings must travel to Torpoint, Torrington, Crediton and Brixham in just 14 days as part of their season opening.
This means the team will have to travel 396 miles during the two week period which starts on Saturday, August 10.
The one home game they have during that period is on Wednesday, August 14, against Axminster Town
Luckily for the Vikings, after they play Brixham they then have four home games in a row against Newton Spurs, Millbrook, Cullompton Rangers and Elburton Villa.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth's Boxing Day fixtures comes against Axminster Town and their final game of the season is on Good Friday against Honiton Town.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds