Sidmouth Town Raiders and Warriors Under-9s make a good start to the new Exeter and District League season.
Sidmouth Town Raiders and Warriors Under-9s made a good start to their new Exeter and District League season.
Playing at their new home of St John’s School the teams took on opposition from Seaton and Colyton.
The Raiders began their opening match against Colyton with a high tempo approach and they were ahead with a goal from Michal Bielawski after just 30 seconds!
Colyton grew into the contest and levelled late on to see honours end even. Young Bielawski was named the Raiders Man of the Match.
Next Raiders took on Seaton and the whole team produced a super shift with wing back Tom Cload producing the stand-out individual contribution.
You may also want to watch:
Warriors began where they had left off at the end of last season.
Against a determined Seaton side the ‘old guard’ were supported by a trio of new players, Jake Paget, Finn Upsher and Anthony Nita. The latter performed brilliantly in goal and was fully deserving of the Man of the Match award.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Against Colyton in the second game a superb all-round team performance from the Warrior’s saw Dev Nair score his first ever goal with Man of the Match, Ben Elsom scoring no fewer than five times.
The under-9s would like to extend their thanks to St John’s for allowing both teams to use their magnificent facilities and supporting the club in the way they do.