Sidmouth Town re-sign striker Pitter and he plays at Totnes and Dartington
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town, who had a match day off last weekend, are back in South West Penisnula League Eastern Division action tomorrow (Saturday) when they travel to Totnes and Dartington.
Striker Rikki Pitter has rejoined the club from Budleigh Salterton where he has had a good season so far scoring eight times.
The Vikings beat the South Devon side at Manstone Lane in early September and boss Josh Stunell is very clear as to what is required from his team: “It’s a must win game, as simple as that and we really must take the game to them from the off.
“We have serious competition for places at the club now – when young Jamie Orchard returns after his current injury – we will have four strikers which, for a manger, is bitter sweet as it makes the job of picking one or two tough, while it’s also a luxury to be able to select from four such quality players.”
The return of Pitter is a real boost for Stunell who says: “He [Pitter] is a natural goal scorer and the one failing we have had all season long so far is our apparent inability to take our chances and finish games off. We have been creating chances in every game we have played, but, for whatever reason, confidence perhaps, maybe a lack of experience, the percentage of chances taken is poor.
You may also want to watch:
“I believe Rikki will thrive on the supply he will find he now has at Town and I wish him well for I am, sure he will quickly get into his stride and if he does that he’ll score goals.”
With the exception of injured striker Town will travel to South Devon with a fully-fit squad. Totnes and Dartington sit fifth bottom of the table with Town three places, and five points better off.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do