Sidmouth Town Reserves play well – but lose at home
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Reserves were beaten 4-2 by Witheridge Reserves when the sides met at Manstone Lane to contest Macron League One points.
In a bizarre game, the home side played the better football – yet lost!
The Vikings were not helped by the fact that they went into the game missing a number of regulars. That was a factor, but a bigger one was the teams poor finishing throughout the contest.
Town began well and took a second minute lead with a clinical finish from Rikki Pitters.
Bouyed by the goal, Town spent the next 15 minutes knocking the ball around the Manstone Lane pitch with an air of confidence – and no shortage of quality!
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, the difference in such games can be minimal, but the Vikings couldn’t match the visitors ruthlessness in opportunities that present themselves
The second half saw Town give it their all, butt it was the guests that pounced on two defensive mistakes to grab all three points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival