Sidmouth Town running trials for the new Under-8 team
- Credit: Archant
In recent years the Sidmouth Town Junior Vikings have gone from strength to strength with the number of local youngsters able to play football on a weekly basis fast approaching 300.
This really is something for all connected with the club to be mighty proud of.
The teams keep coming at Manstone Lane and the latest to be formed is an Under-8s team for the coming season.
The requirement for this latest team in terms of birth dates is that players were born between September 1, 2007 and August 31, 2008.
Trials for the Under-8 team will be held at Long Park on Saturday, July 4 from 10am through til 11am.
You may also want to watch:
The session will begin the focus on learning and having fun. All interested players will be made very welcome.
For any five to seven-year-olds looking to get involved in football there’s action for them too. Parents and guardians are advised that they can register their youngster’s interest at Sidmouth Leisure Centre.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
Training for the 5-7 year olds is every Friday during school term and is run by Chris Duchenski who will be one of those assisting with the new Under-8s at the club.