Sidmouth Town running trials for the new Under-8 team
- Credit: Archant
In recent years the Sidmouth Town Junior Vikings have gone from strength to strength with the number of local youngsters able to play football on a weekly basis fast approaching 300.
This really is something for all connected with the club to be mighty proud of.
The teams keep coming at Manstone Lane and the latest to be formed is an Under-8s team for the coming season.
The requirement for this latest team in terms of birth dates is that players were born between September 1, 2007 and August 31, 2008.
Trials for the Under-8 team will be held at Long Park on Saturday, July 4 from 10am through til 11am.
You may also want to watch:
The session will begin the focus on learning and having fun. All interested players will be made very welcome.
For any five to seven-year-olds looking to get involved in football there’s action for them too. Parents and guardians are advised that they can register their youngster’s interest at Sidmouth Leisure Centre.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Training for the 5-7 year olds is every Friday during school term and is run by Chris Duchenski who will be one of those assisting with the new Under-8s at the club.