Sidmouth Town’s four senior teams all in action on busy day for the Vikings
- Credit: Archant
All four of the Sidmouth Town senior teams are in action this Saturday (December 8) with top billing going to the second team, who continue the defence of the Devon Senior Cup with a Manstone Lane meeting with Watcombe Wanderers (2pm).
The game was set to be played in South Devon last Saturday, but a waterlogged pitch means, under competition rules, that the game now switches to Sidmouth. The Town third team are also in Devon Cup action - in their case it’s the Intermediate Cup and they travel to North Devon to face Appledore Lions.
Town’s first team are back in league action with a visit to Crediton United (3pm).
The trip to Mid Devon for the Vikings is the first of four games they have scheduled between now and the end of the year.
The other three games that Town face this month are home derby games against Axminster Town (December 8) and Budleigh Salterton (December 26) and they also have a December 22 trip to Bovey Tracey.
You may also want to watch:
With two of the four December opponents sitting in the top four - Axminster Town are joint second and Bovey Tracey, fourth - opportunity knocks for the Vikings to put themselves right in the frame in terms of the clubs chasing top honours come next May.
The other Town senior action tomorrow is the fourth team game which sees the Vikings taking on Thorverton (2.15pm).
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey