Sidmouth Town seeking home success against Brixham
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town can do their hopes of avoiding a bottom two finish in the South West Peninsula League Eastern Division by seeing off Brixham when they meet the South Devon side at Manstone Lane on Saturday (3pm).
The battle to avoid a bottom two finish in the South West Peninsula League Eastern Division continues this weekend with matches affecting the basement berths on both Saturday and Sunday.
Honiton Town are in action on Sunday when they host a Torridgeside team that are also in action 24 hours early – they are taking on Alphington with the game being switched to North Devon as Alphington are unable to use their home pitch.
A Thursday night 4-1 defeat for basement dwellers Liverton probably means that the South Devon side – despite the fact that they still have seven games left, are probably now destined to take one of the bottom two berths.
If that is the case then the other bottom slot will be fought out between Alphington, Galmpton and Roselands, Honiton Town, Appledore and Sidmouth Town.
You may also want to watch:
Town boss Josh Stunell has never considered his side as ‘one of the battling for survival teams’. He says: “We have a young team who just need to find a level of consistency that comes with experience. I have always felt very confident we had enough in our locker to stay out of trouble and six points from the next three games will see us safe, of that I am sure.”
After the Brixham visit, Town host title-chasing Newton Abbot Spurs before a Wednesday, April 25 visit to Alphington where a Town win would surely end any lingering thoughts of a bottom two finish.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
The SWPL Eastern Division table after the game on April 12 involving Liverton United.
P W D L F A Pts
Sidmouth Town 26 7 6 13 48 59 27
Appledore 23 6 5 12 29 56 23
Honiton Town 24 6 4 14 38 57 22
Galmpton & Roselands 24 5 2 17 28 51 17
Alphington 23 4 4 15 26 59 16
Liverton United 25 4 3 18 28 73 15