Sidmouth Town set for Boxing Day Budleigh match
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town are all set for a Boxing Day derby meeting with Budleigh Salterton (11am).
The game promises to be one full of goals, certainly if the Vikings season to date is to be continued in like fashion!
The Vikings have played 19 of their 32 South West Peninsula League Eastern Division matches to date and there have been no fewer than 98 goals scored in those matches!
No team in the division has been involved in a season of more goals than the Vikings!
Town boss Josh Stunell, delighted with the excitement his team brings to the supporters, confesses that, from a coaching point of view it’s not all a bed of roses!
You may also want to watch:
Stunell says: “It’s most pleasing, of course, to have scored as many goals as we have, but as any coach will tell you, to be a successful team you need to be able to defend well and that is something we have had issues with for much of the season.
“Very often this season we have been masters of our own downfall in as much as individual mistakes have been our undoing.”
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
With Town’s 12 home games so far seeing 62 goals, that record is matched by the Budleigh Salterton away record that has seen 42 goals in eight matches.
The Robins have shipped 31 in eight trips conceding five once, six on two occasions and seven when they travelled to Galmpton.
Budleigh have lost three on the road since an October success in Exeter at Exwick Villa.
Their only other away success also came in Exeter when they won 2-0 at University and that defeat remains the only one to have been suffered to date by the students on their own patch!
The big Boxing Day derby kicks-off at 11am.