Sidmouth Town set for double chance against Alphington
- Credit: Archant
Aaron Doble returns to the Sidmouth Town team for tomorrow’s Manstone Lane meeting with Alphington, writes Steve Birley.
The Vikings can secure a rare South West Peninsula League double with victory over the Alphas side that they beat 4-3 in a midweek game in the opening weeks of the season in Exeter.
Doble missed the last minute defeat at Newton Abbot Spurs last weekend as he was unavailable so his return is a timely boost for the side.
Another to miss the defeat at Newton Abbot was Darren Thomas, but he has now completed his suspension and he too will be involved against Alphington.
Town boss Paddy Thomas says: “The lads were so flat at Newton Abbot because they knew they’d only produced the goods for half the contest. The last minute goal was a blow, but had we played like we did in the second half before the break then we’d have had the game won long before the final whistle.”
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “I expect the real Sidmouth Town to be on parade tomorrow afternoon.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box