Sidmouth Town set for ‘must win’ meeting with Liverton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town skipper Aaron Doble is unavailable through work commitments for the Vikings Saturday (October 3) home meeting with strugglers Liverton.
It’s a game that Town chief Josh Stunell is very clear as to what his team have to do!
Stunell said: “It is a ‘must win’ game in every sense. Our home record has not been good so far, but I’d counter that statistic with the fact that we really have either been unfortunate in the games at Manstone Lane or, as we did last Saturday against Bovey Tracey, been very much the masters of our own downfall due to individual errors!”
Once again Town will field a large number of Under-18 players – seven will once more be involved – as they were last time out – for the game which kicks off at 3pm.
Stunell says: “With the youngsters we have to accept that, at times, inexperience will rear its head at some stage – but we must live with that and, unless we give them their chance to play then how will they ever get the experience. One thing is for sure the guys bringing these youngsters up through the youth ranks at Town have done a wonderful job. Many of them are so ready to wet their feet in terms of senior football and that’s a credit to the youth team process at Manstone Lane.”
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters will benefit from the presence of Anthony Griffiths and Stunell says he has a job for Griffiths: “He (Griffiths) is hopefully going to do the Granddad job – helping to calm the youngsters down whenever needed and just to be that older head for them to turn to during the game. He’s more than capable of doing that job very well.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend