Sidmouth Town set to give Connor Swingler his debut
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town head for Teignmouth Town on Saturday (August 15) and Vikings boss Josh Stunell is set to give a first start to teenager Connor Swingler.
Swingler was introduced for the final 15 minutes of Saturday’s 3-1 opening day win over Alphington.
Stunell says: “He’s certainly ready. I was impressed with him in training this week and felt that he looked lively against the Alphas. He offers something ‘different’ and his raw enthusiasm and pace may be very useful to us at Teignmouth.”
Town travel to South Devon without Jake Boyland, who was the star of the show against Alphington. Boyland misses the trip as he is on a stag weekend and also unavilable for the same reason is Jordan Cooper. Ryan Davies is still required for cricket with Hatherleigh. However, the absences clearly offer opportunity for others.
Stunell says: “The beauty of our situation this season is that we have real strength in depth. We now have competition for places from one to eleven and that is a very healthy situation to be in.”
You may also want to watch:
The Manstone Lane chief said of the trip to Teignmouth: “They will be a tough side to beat, of that I have no doubt. They have made an unbeaten start with a draw at Tivvy Town Reserves and a midweek 1-0 win over Brixham Villa. For our part we played well against Alphington and I fancy we can travel to Teignmouth confident that we can have a right go at them. This Town side this season excites me and we have strength where it is needed and pace where is hurts opposition the most. That’s a good mix and I saw how much winning last Saturday meant to the team. I am looking for more of the same at Teignmouth.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!