Sidmouth Town SWPL game at home is OFF and Tipton suffer yet another cancellation
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town’s South West Peninsula League Eastern Division game at home to Appledore suffered a mid-morning postponement with Manstone Lane suffering from the heavy Friday night rain.
The Town game is one of a number of matches across the SWPL that have had to be postponed on the first Saturday of April as the ‘rain pain’ goes on for local footballers this season.
By 11am another 20 Macron Devon and Exeter League matches had fallen to waterlogged pitches including the Sidmouth 4th team home game against Pinhoe, but the Town second team game at Wellington remained on.
Tipton St John’s home Division Three game against Royal Oak was one of them and that means Tipton have still to begin the second half of their league season – and there are just three Saturdays – the traditional matchday – left in the month before the arrival of May.
Before the latest cancellation, Tipton faced nine games in 21 days and, with their next fixture being a Wednesday, April 11 game at Budleigh Salterton Reserves, they are now facing a hectic schedule of 13 games in 18 days with a new date needed for the Royal Oak fixture!
You may also want to watch:
As things currently stand, Tipton’s end of season run-in will see them playing on May 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients