Sidmouth Town thirds book last four spot in Golesworthy Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town thirds followed up a Saturday 3-0 Macron League success at Seaton Town by bagging a Golesworthy Cup last four berth on Sunday with a 2-1 victory over Division Eight table-toppers Bravehearts.
The victory was sweet revenge for Town who had been knocked out of the Geary Cup by the same Cullompton-based opponents earlier in the season.
In a scrappy and at times bad-tempered game, the Vikings were ultimately good value for their win.
Goals from Joe Miller and Ollie Turton plus a stunning save from Jack Burgess being the particular highlights.
Next up for the third team is a special match this coming Friday (April 14) when the team play a tribute game in honour of their late team mate, Sam Marriott.
You may also want to watch:
The opposition are going to be the side that Sam played in when they represented Sidmouth Town as a youth team up through the age ranges.
The match is being played on Good Friday at Manstone Lane.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend