Sidmouth Town thirds book last four spot in Golesworthy Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town thirds followed up a Saturday 3-0 Macron League success at Seaton Town by bagging a Golesworthy Cup last four berth on Sunday with a 2-1 victory over Division Eight table-toppers Bravehearts.
The victory was sweet revenge for Town who had been knocked out of the Geary Cup by the same Cullompton-based opponents earlier in the season.
In a scrappy and at times bad-tempered game, the Vikings were ultimately good value for their win.
Goals from Joe Miller and Ollie Turton plus a stunning save from Jack Burgess being the particular highlights.
Next up for the third team is a special match this coming Friday (April 14) when the team play a tribute game in honour of their late team mate, Sam Marriott.
You may also want to watch:
The opposition are going to be the side that Sam played in when they represented Sidmouth Town as a youth team up through the age ranges.
The match is being played on Good Friday at Manstone Lane.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal