Sidmouth Town to have floodlights at Manstone Lane
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Town have been given the green light to put up floodlights at their Manstone Lane ground.
The news could not have come at a better time for Town boss Josh Stunell who explained saying: “having floodlights will make a huge difference to us.
“With our clear success at attracting young players then we were missing by not having the lights which allow you to play midweek football and enter national competitions.”
Stunell is the Town boss, but also sits on the club committee and he said: “I do feel that the installation of floodlights will also give out the impression I am keen to be thrown out there that we are a progressive football club always looking to move onwards and upwards.”
He continued: “Having lights should help long-term ambition of staging FA Vase and even FA Cup football at the club. It was always a concern of mine that we’d miss out on younger players who wanted to go on and embrace the whole football thing which includes floodlit football, but that will no longer be the case.”
You may also want to watch:
The lights are excepted to be working in time for the 2017/18 season which gets underway in five months time
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients