Sidmouth Town to play final home game of league season on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town bring the curtain down on their South West Peninsula League Eastern Division season when they entertain Appledore at Manstone Lane (3pm).
The game has nothing on it as both teams are clear of the bottom two places – though there is to be no relegation this season.
However, Appledore, who were held 3-3 when they entertained Sidmouth Town earlier in the campaign, need to win to climb above the Vikings, who go into the game sitting one point and one place above the North Devon men in the table.
Both Town and Appledore have won 10 games so far this season. Town’s home form has not been special this season. In their 15 Manstone Lane matches before this final outing they have won five, drawn three and lost seven. However, most of the matches have been close and only two of their defeats were by a margin greater than one goal – a 5-1 drubbing at the hands of Honiton and a 2-0 loss to Newton Abbot Spurs.
Appledore have won four away games prior to this one, their last match of the campaign. They have taken all three points on visits to champions St Martins, bottom side Liverton United and also at both Galmpton and Roselands and Bovey Tracey.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Town Reserves complete their season next weekend when they travel to Cullompton Rangers for their final Macron League One game while the Town thirds have already completed their Division Six season. There remain a number of matches for the Vikings’ fourth team. They are in action tomorrow (Saturday) with a game at Culm United and then play next Monday (May 16) at home to Okehampton Argyle (7.30pm) and again on Wednesday (May 16) when they visit Tedburn St Mary (7pm).
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford