Sidmouth Town to sit out the next two Saturday league match days
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town have been left without a game this Saturday (March 10) after their scheduled meeting with Teignmouth was cancelled.
The Teigns are ‘otherwise engaged’ in a Devon Premier Cup semi-final that should have been played last Saturday (March 30, but was called off owing to the snow! The knock-on effect of that postponement means no game for Town’s first team!
Town also do not have a game next Saturday (March 17) and so will not return to action until March 24 when they are set to visit Ilfracombe Town – three days later they have a midweek trip to Bovey Tracey to negotiate, and just 72 hours later they have a Good Friday home meeting with Budleigh Salterton (11am).
Town currently sit six points above second bottom Liverton, who have played two games fewer.
The South Devon side have away games at University and Crediton before the Vikings are next in action and with bottom side Alphington also playing twice before the next Town game (the Alphas are at Honiton and then entertain Crediton United) it all means that, on March 24, when Town are at Ilfracombe, with the current bottom two also playing each other that day, the bottom places in the Eastern Division will look a lot clearer heading into the Easter programme.
You may also want to watch:
Town boss Josh Stunell says: “For my money our situation is well under control. We know what we need to do to stay out of trouble and I have every confidence in our ability to see it through.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal