Sidmouth Town Under-11s held by Crediton Youth in stalemate
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town 0, Crediton Youth 0 Sidmouth Town Under-11s were denied all three points when a late goal was disallowed, writes Simon James
Town started the game with some quality passing and kept the ball very confidently as they spent much of the opening quarter in the visitors half!
However, for all their endeavour they were left frustrated by a bullish Crediton defence.
The Mid Devon side then changed tactics and swarmed forward but got little change out of the organised and disciplined defending of Glen Sinker and Ben Scrivens.
The pace of the game increased with Isaac James tested with some long strikes from Crediton. Ollie Jones and Finlay Morgan gave their all in a bid to break the visitors resolve.
You may also want to watch:
The second half followed a similar pattern, but neither side could find that elusive goal and honours ended even.
They might not have done had a Town effort not been ruled out in the dying stages.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory