Sidmouth Town Under-13 pass eighty goals for the season with nine at Beacon Knights
- Credit: Archant
Beacon Knights 2, Sidmouth Town 9 Sidmouth Town Under-13s chalked up a seventh win in eight to keep their firm grip on second place in the Division Two table, writes Alex Spalding.
Sidmouth bagged an early lead when Luke Spiller scored at the post. The home side came into the game in good form and hit back quickly to level things up.
Matt Salter restored the Town lead before a neat finish by Louis Spalding gave Town a 3-1 advantage. The home side again rallied and struck a second. Chasing an equaliser, it was Knights winning all the 50/50 balls and one or two Sidmouth players did not seem to fancy what was becoming a physical battle!
The two-goal margin was restored thanks to a smart finish by Salter and when he struck again to complete a hat-trick he had put Town 5-2 up at half-time.
The home side began the second half well and forced three excellent saves out of Town goalkeeper Oran Bramble. The Bramble saves were a turning point for moments after the third Louis Adey showed great strength in the box to fire home and quickly repeated the process to leave Town clear, 7-2 up. Goodier, Salter and Moore all struck the frame of the home goal. Knights always carried a threat, but Truman kept his opposing striker firmly under his thumb whilst wigbacks Fernley and Ashby brought real dynamism going forward.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth’s work-rate was now much better and faced with skilful, flowing football the home side became ragged. A Garrick blast together with a third for Adey made it nine for Town. Jack Miller so nearly made it 10, but Town’s fine season continues.
U13 Div One P W D L F A Pts
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Stoke Hill 10 10 0 0 76 10 30
SIDMOUTH TOWN 8 7 0 1 81 12 21
Seaton Town 8 5 1 2 34 21 16
Honiton Town 9 4 1 4 34 37 13