Sidmouth Town Under-13s net a dozen to make it 111 for the season
- Credit: Archant
Pinhoe Sharks 1, Sidmouth Town 12 Sidmouth Town Under-13s continued their assault on the Division Two title with an emphatic success in Exeter.
After a sluggish start Town found their feet and, but the final whistle, had made sure that their current goal tally makes them the leading scorers across all the age groups in the Exeter and District Youth League.
A number of chances were missed before Tom Moore opened the scoring with the team’s 100th goal of the campaign!
The home side responded well, but got little change out of an organised Town back line in which right back Sam Fernley was outstanding, combining hard challenges with composure and intelligent positioning.
The introduction from the bench of Louis Spalding and Toby Garrick served to increase the Town tempo and the lead was doubled via an own goal, prompted by some excellent pressure from Louis Adey and a goal from Ben Goodier that sent Town into the break 3-0 up.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Town took charge and, with Jack Miller lively on the right flank, and Louis Adey showing just how clinical he can be in front of goal, it was inevitable that the score count would rise.
Adey struck five times with a wide range of different goals! He had a powerful header, a delicate chip and a sweet right footed shot, the later after a superb, unselfish pass, from Louis Spalding’s unselfish through ball.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Young Moore bagged two mote and Luke Spiller also got on the score sheet as the team took their season’s tally to 111.
On Saturday they entertain Beacon Knights and a week later travel to Feniton after which they will have three more matches to complete their league campaign.