Sidmouth Town Under-13s net double figures against Heavitree
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town 11, Heavitree 1 Sidmouth Town Junior Vikings Under-13s were in clinical mood as they chalked up double figures on a sunny morning at Sidford, writes Mike Garrick.
There was simplicity in the play, but cohesiveness in the team which knocked the stuffing out of the visitors!
Sidmouth were a goal up within two minutes when Ben Goodier let rip from 20-yards. The visiting response was good and, despite a brilliant initial save from Oran Bramble in the Sidmouth goal, the equaliser was bundled home.
A fine strike from Jack Miller restored the Vikings lead and a Toby Garrick goal sent them into the break 3-1 to the good.
In the second half Sidmouth showed a far more clinical approach to finishing!
You may also want to watch:
Within a minute of the restart Garrick netted his second with a trademark pile-driver from outside the box.
With Matt Salter dominating the midfield, further chances were created at regular intervals; Sam Fernley, Luke Spiller and Louis Adey provided the width and a succession of great balls into the area.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
The outstanding Miller ended up with four goals and the others were scored by Fernley (a rasping drive), Louis Spalding, Jay Harris and Louis Adey.
Despite not scoring himself, Matt Salter was a thoroughly deserved Man of the Match for outwitting the opposition at every opportunity and for setting up over half the goals.