Sidmouth Town Under-14s book County Cup final return
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town will make a second successive appearance in the Devon County Under-14 Cup next month after they secured an impressive 3-0 win at fellow Devon and Exeter League side Newton Abbot 66, writes Steve Birley.
Jon Miller’s side scored all three goals in the second half to secure their final place and they will now meet DJM League side Marine Academy from Plymouth in the final at the Devon FA head quarters of Coach Road, Newton Abbot on April 16.
Town boss Miller said: “The lads really did play very well indeed. We have always had tough games with Newton Abbot and we drew with them earlier in the season when we felt they were very fortunate to bag a late goal. As the game wore on this time I had the concern that lightning may strike again. When it’s 0-0 and tight anything can happen. It was not until the second went in that yours truly began to relax!”
He continued: “It’s great to be going back and hopefully the team will have learnt from last year’s woe when we simply forgot to turn up for the final having played so well throughout the competition.”
In last year’s semi-final Sidmouth beat Marine Academy 3-2 after extra-time.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Town entertain Tiverton-based Moors in an Exeter & District League game.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club