Sidmouth Town Under-15s ease into next round of KO Cup
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Under-15s eased their way into the second round of the Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup with a 3-1 win at West Exe Rangers.
Town made a strong start to the contest and enjoyed near total domination for the opening 10 minutes, running rings around the opposition defence!
Their early endeavours were rewarded when Tom Moore tucked the ball away after some neat approach play involving Ben Goodier, Matt Salter and Jacob Rice.
The hosts held on and gradually grew into the game and, when a home striker was presented with a gilt edged chance to level he was denied by James Emmett who made a fantastic save.
During the half-time break the Town management made a couple of tactical changes and they began the second half with some tremendous passing and they also looked more organised in defence.
You may also want to watch:
This improvement was rewarded when Louis Adey put in some great work forcing the keeper into a save before the outstanding Tom Moore chipped the rebound into the back of the net.
The third goal also involved Adey who again forced the keeper into a save before Luke Spiller rifled a magnificent strike from 25-yards into the top corner of the net.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
The home side had the final word with a late goal, but Town were good value for the win. Tom Moore was named the Town Man of the Match.