Sidmouth Town Vikings Under-12 Raiders celebrate their season with awards
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Vikings Under-12 Raiders had their presentation event last Saturday at a sun-kissed Manstone Lane.
The presentations, to honour the 2013/14 campaign, was followed by a fun and fitness training session.
This coming season the team will be playing for the first time on a full size pitch with their matches lasting for 80 minutes.
The winner of the coveted Manager and Coaches award for the season went to Ben Scrivens whilst Scott Gibson landed the Players’ Player of the year honour.
Will Lorkin was named the winner of the Best Attitude trophy and Jamie Wyant won Most Improved.
You may also want to watch:
Archie Rowe picked up the Exeter and District Youth League award whilst the efforts of leading scorer Jack Wilson were also honoured.
The session held after the trophies had been handed out saw the focus placed on the fitness and commitment that will be required from the boys to succeed next season when training will be dedicated to a Wednesday evening leaving Saturdays for matches or additional training and fitness.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
Team boss Wade Monaghan said: “It was a great day and I am sure all enjoyed it. The key for the lads now is to go away and rest and then come back with a spring in their step when we kick-start our preparations for the new season in August.”
Monaghan concluded: “I’d like top thank the players for their commitment last season and, together with coach Tony West, wish to thanks the parents and guardians for their unstinting support of everything the team does.”