Sidmouth Town welcome back Connor Swingler for Liverton game
Stunell says: “It’s a big shame that we are without Cameron [Vere] for the game. Since he returned to us from Exmouth Town he has been an inspiration and, last week against Crediton United, we really saw the damage that a front three of Cam, Sean and Ash (Cameron Vere, Sean Densham and Ashley Small) can inflict on an opposition team.”
The loss of Vere is reduced by the fact that Connor Swingler, who missed the 3-2 win over Crediton United, is fit again and he is recalled to the squad.
Stunell says: “I am looking for us to make a strong finish to the season.
“We are now just three points shy of equalling the season’s points tally last year and I am looking for us to reach the first target by seeing off Liverton.
“That would leave us two more games to better the total from last season.”
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the season as a whole, Stunell says: “We have shown month by month improvement and that is something I wanted to see. The bottom line is that we really are not that far away from the top sides in the section. I know the table does not lie but it’s a given that, if we had been able to field a consistent side week in and week out this season then I am certain we would be in that top cluster of clubs chasing the end of season honours.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution