Sidmouth’s Jean, Ann and Jill into last eight of Devon two-wood triples competition
- Credit: Archant
Last week, Sidmouth hosted the Ladies’ Devon County Two Wood Triples Competition, writes Carol Smith.
As I reported in last week’s Herald, the Sidmouth trio of Jean Brimson, Ann Capon and skip Jill Bishop had been going along very nicely in the competition, having already won in two rounds and since then they have continued their fine form and won another two rounds.
Their latest success means that they are now into the Devon county quarter-finals, which is great news. Well done, ladies. At the time of going to press this week, their next round opponents are not confirmed, but we do know that it will be a trio from section eight, which is the one that includes clubs from the Plymouth area.
There is also no date for the last eight match, but it will be played on our green at Sidmouth. Good luck, ladies.
? Sidmouth ladies’ Over-50s Blue team were in action twice last week.
You may also want to watch:
First up they travelled to Mid Devon to take on Crediton Green, but, unfortunately, they were beaten on both rinks. That said, the reversal for Jane Painter’s rink was by only a single shot and they were up against a home rink that had, as skip, a player with national experience.
The Blues bounced back from the Mid Devon loss to land a handsome 13-shot success over visiting Ottery St Mary.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
In this encounter, both Sidmouth rinks won, with Janet Thomson, Carol Smith and skip Jane Painter winning 24-13, while the skip of Janice Quinn, Zena Johnson and Eileen Hewett were 15-13 winners. The overall score was therefore 39-26, leaving the Blues banking all six points. Well done, ladies, though I am not sure what position we now hold in the league table.