Sidmouth trio tackle the Umborne Ug
A select band of three Sidmouth runners ran the Umborne Ug which took place earlier this month, writes Caroline Ball.
The 10km ‘undulating’ course has three very hard climbs one of which was very slippery from the overnight rain.
This also turned the wooded section of 7 km of off-road into a muddy quagmire.
The Ug race has over the years helped to raise money for the local village hall. These facilities were used to provide a very welcome barbecue and cream teas for runners and spectators alike in the evening sunshine.
The Sidmouth runners finished in creditable times for the conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Ball 1:08.28; Brian Gosling 1:09.20; and Caroline Ball 1:24.52.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution