Sidmouth trio win Triples KO competition
- Credit: Archant
Well done to Frank Adlam, Ron Cook and Mike Reader who won the triples knockout competition organised by Budleigh Salterton at their Triples League presentation evening, write Marian and Maurice Watson.
Two mixed friendlies were won by the visiting teams Madeira and Crediton.
Sidmouth were successful on one of the three rinks in both games.
Against Madeira the winning Sidmouth rink was Lorna Lever, Paddy Chew, Gordon Blood and skip Peter Mison and against Crediton the winning rink was Pat Hague, Elaine Reed, Bert Hague and skip David Ingyon.
The men played a friendly game at home against old rivals Exonia and lost by nine shots, winning on only one of the three rinks.
You may also want to watch:
The successful rink was Wilf Radburn, John Doyle, Bert Hague and skip John Chew.
The end of season game, Ladies versus Gentlemen, played over three sessions, was won by the men, but as they were assisted by six ladies to make the numbers up perhaps it should be considered an honourable draw.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Congratulations to all those members who reached the finals of the various competitions; results will be announced in the next report.