Sidmouth triple net County Unbadged success over Honiton
- Credit: Archant
The Ottery St Mary men’s Over-60s A team continued their run of success with a fine win at Bradninch.
The rink scores were one-all, however, Ottery won overall.
The B team were not matched that result as they also shared the two rinks with visiting Culm Vale B but also won over all.
In round 1 of the Foxlands competition Ottery took on Chardstock against whom they enjoyed victory both home and away!
In the Ladies Unbadged Triples League the Ottery ladies had success when they played away at Madeira winning on one rink losing on the other, but winning overall.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies repeated that success when playing away at Crediton in difficult weather conditions.
Once again the two rinks ended one-all with Ottery emerging triumphant overall.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
In the County Unbadged Triples a trio from Ottery; Tony Luff, George Kille and Mike Smith, had a good win against Sidmouth and in the Pairs Competition, Terry House and John Ward beat a Honiton pairing.
In Friendly games Ottery were narrowly beaten at home by Pinces Garden but won against Dunkerswell.
Last Friday Ottery held an Open Evening, but the weather was not kind though a number of potential new players brave the conditions to see what a splendid sport bowls is.