Sidmouth Tsunamis battle well at Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s fielded three teams for matches against Exeter Chiefs.
Following the ravages of Storm Angus, the aptly named Sidmouth Tsunamis were skippered by Reece Hext and they came up against a strong Chiefs team that was strong at the breakdown and good at putting pressure on the Tsunamis.
Matthew Thomas, Harry Wood, Herbie Isherwood, Toby Sanford, Gyll Gray, Charley Turley, Thomas Grove, Scottie Monro-Higgs, Tom Bird, Charlie Simic and Alec Bagwell made up the Tsunamis team and, in the first half, the contest was a close one with Chiefs taking a single try lead into the interval.
The close nature of the contest continued through to the final whistle.
The second match for the Tsunamis saw them captained this time by Gyll Gray. This contest was very competitive with determined play from both sides.
You may also want to watch:
Exeter scored first, but Tsunamis hit back after the break and, after some excellent support play, rucking and passing, Thomas Bird scored a try.
The pressure kept coming from Exeter and they scored again just before the end of a fine contest. The Tsunamis finished the game with a final flurry, but were unable to convert the pressure into points. Well played all involved.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution