Sidmouth Turkey Trot joy for Knight and Jenkins
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Golf Club ran its popular annual Turkey Trot competition on the first Saturday of December in dry, but chilly weather, writes Hugh Dorliac.
With a big field of 108 players, everyone was determined to get their hands on the prizes - festive meat vouchers courtesy of sponsors local butchers Drews of Sidbury.
Playing as betterball pairs, those that managed the wintery conditions well were John Barnard and Lester Willmington on 42 points, who came fifth.
On countback in fourth, were Lewis White and Neil Holland on 43 points. Also with 43 points, were Luke Sheppard and David Bater, who took third, and Kym White and Bernie Ireson, who were placed second.
The winners out on their own with 44 points were Michael Knight and Mike Jenkins, who each picked up a voucher worth £65 to ensure a great feast at Christmas!
You may also want to watch:
A separate ladies’ competition was won with 38 points by this year’s and last year’s ladies’ captains, Maria Clapp and Angela Coles, winning on countback from Sheila Faulkner and Marie Timms.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club