Sidmouth Turkey Trot success for Howe and Roberts
- Credit: Archant
The golfers in Sidmouth’s annual Turkey Trot competition, sponsored by Drews of Sidbury, had mixed fortunes with the weather, some getting a heavy downpour early afternoon to contend with, writes Hugh Dorliac.
Scoring in the main was very good and the winners had to wait right to the end to learn their fate.
Playing stableford format in pairs, the ladies’ prizes were awarded by sponsor Robby Drew to, in second place, Catherine Walden and Michelle Bowers with 36 points. The winners are recent graduates from the Sidmouth Golf Club summer academy and joined the club thereafter.
Penny Lyne, playing with Heather Cowan, won first ladies’ prize with a solid 40 points
The men had a tighter match, with the winners coming out on top on countback from two other pairings.
You may also want to watch:
Winning, with 45 points, were Kevin Howe and Chris M Roberts, from the Neil Holland and Luke Shepherd combination, while third was Phil Spencer, partnering Mike Davis.
Fourth place went to Mark Bathard and Steve Crabb on 44 points. All will no doubt enjoy spending their meat vouchers ready for Christmas.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown