Sidmouth two points shy of being crowned Francis Clark Devon league champions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth need just two more points with three games remaining to be crowned the 2014 Francis Clark Devon league cricket champions.
This comes after an unbeaten 24 from Scott Barlow saw them to a two wicket Fortfield win over nearest rivals Plymouth.
The visitors batted first and were bowled out for 201 in 47.2 overs with five different bowlers claiming wickets; Australian Daniel Babula was the most successful with three of them.
After a rare failure from Liam Lewis, back in the Fortfield pavilion with a duck to his name, a fine knock of 70 from Pete Randerson together with that Barlow innings, saw Will Murray’s men over the line with almost nine overs to spare.
An unbeaten 84 from teenager Harvey Sargent, who also claimed three wickets, led Sidmouth II to a 22 run win at Plymouth II and Sidmouth III made sure of a Fortfield clean sweep with a 36 run win over Tavistock II.
You may also want to watch:
For all the Sidmouth match report make sure of your copy of the Sidmouth Herald, out next on Friday August 15.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford