Sidmouth U14s impress
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under 14s Rugby
Sidmouth 36, Tiverton 21
Having gone 14-0 down in the first 10 minutes, this match looked like it was going to be a torrid afternoon for Sidmouth, writes Chris Robinson.
but two outstanding try-saving tackles from Morgan were enough to inspire this team from their torpor. Having woken up Sidmouth started to play some sublime rugby. Wright found some space and crashed over. Soon after Allen took a quick penalty then passed it to Kennaugh ,who finished it off.
The next try was a contender for Try of the Season. Moore spotted some space on the blindside, Robinson supporting offloaded to Morgan, who passed it back to Innes-Kruger who scored in the corner. It was intelligent, quick and clinically executed rugby. A joy to watch and it meant it was 17-14 at half time.
You may also want to watch:
There were changes of personnel at half time, but it was not long before the Sidmouth supporters were cheering.
Brian Lao from his own 22, checked then stepped his opposing winger, took him on the outside and scored under the posts.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
Tiverton to their credit did not give up and it was Moore this time whose tackle stopped a certain try.
Syradd , who came on at half time, was full of enthusiasm and it was not long before he powered over. From the restart he caught the ball created the space for Wright, who sprinted to the line. Allen converted. Tiverton, not to be outdone, scored the last try. It had been an excellent contest. Well done to all.