Sidmouth U15 girls edged out in close encounter of the touring kind
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-15 girls clearly enjoyed the part they played in what was a hugely enjoyable club junior section ‘Heros and Villains’ themed junior tour to Cornwall.
The match between the Sidmouth girls and hosts Camborne was played on a very muddy surface. The Cornish side looked impressive from the opening whistle and scored first. Sidmouth were not fazed by the home power and contested for the ball with very good tackles, decisive cleaning up of loose ball and strong rucking.
Forwards Emily Cozens and Lily Baker helped to keep the momentum going in the right direction with strong running and tackling forcing multiple opposition players out of the game, giving Sidmouth the advantage.
Lucy Tanner, kicking to restart and as scrum half, recycled the ball with noteworthy linking runs to Cleo Turley as first receiver providing a strong and relentless attack.
There was also impressive attacking play from Rebecca Fallows and Hatty Tremlett as inside and outside centres breaking through the defensive line to score or set up wingers Elly Jayne Waddel and Bella Breen, who both, on the day, showed their speed and agility outrunning the Camborne defence to score well-deserved tries.
You may also want to watch:
It was only in the final minutes that the outcome was decided – seven tries to five in favour of the home side – but the Sidmouth team fitness, skills, and general flair was a joy to see.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections