Sidmouth Umbrella success for the bowlers
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club had their second ‘Sunrise Umbrella’ meeting of the indoor season on Sunday, writes Susie Bonnell.
It was organized by the ‘chef-ing’ duo of Sylvia and Ron Cook. The first of two sessions began at 10am - luckily sunrise doesn’t come too early at the Bowling Club - and the indoor rinks rang with the sound of laughter as each team tried to be the top scorer.
The worthy winners in the morning were Pam Manning, Jenny Crow, Connie Tolley and their skip, Jane Painter.
The bowlers then enjoyed a luscious lunch, prepared by Sylvia and Ronnie, complete with a mellowing glass of wine.
The second session’s players got ready for action - with the winning team, Ann England, Bert Hague and their skip, Ken Wheeler, snatching the prize.
You may also want to watch:
What a great way to spend a Sunday - we are all really looking forward to the next Sunrise Umbrella.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford