Sidmouth Under-10 Barmy Penguins share spoils with Exeter Chiefs.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10 Barmey Penguins shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw with Exeter Chiefs.
The team, captained by Matthew Thomas, also included Charlie Simic, Arlo Squires, Luca and Zac Arver, Toby Sanford, Harry Wood, Toby Mortimer and Jack Pugh.
Penguins began sluggishly and were quickly on the back foot with the Exeter chiefs pushing hard in the rucks winning the loose balls.
Gradually Penguins got into the contest and, with Toby Sanford working hard in the middle of the pitch tackling and running forward with the ball using Luca Arver as support, pressure finally told when Toby Sanford broke across the line to score the games first try.
Chiefs hit back and a combination of strong defensive play and some extremely powerful runs, scored twice themselves to take the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Back came Penguins and it was no more than they deserved when Charlie Simic crossed the line for the equalising score.
The Penguins Man of the Match award went to Toby Sandford.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon