Sidmouth Under-10 Watermelons enjoy meeting with strong Exeter Chiefs opposition
- Credit: Archant
On a balmy October day the Sidmouth Under-10s Watermelons team played some of their best rugby of the season to date against a strong Exeter side.
Banishing the ghouls and ghosts to last week, this week they were captained by Ben Brook who was supported by Toby Morris, William Morris, Leon Rowley, Harry Finch, Oscar Bruce, Joshua Priestley and Will Allen.
With the emphasis on passing, rucking and smiling, the Watermelons all played their part in finishing the first half with the only try of the contest.
Some great tackling from Will Allen, Joshua Priestley and Ben Brook meant we were constantly putting pressure on the Exeter side who themselves were very strong at rucking and offloading. Will Morris, Oscar Bruce and Toby Morris were there to support and recycle the ball while Harry Finch and Leon Rowley used their speed to set up a second try.
In the dying seconds of the game Exeter mauled the ball over the line to score a good team try.
You may also want to watch:
A great game had by all.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club