Sidmouth under-10s B team triumph
SIDMOUTH U10s B defeated hosts Alphington by 10 runs in the final of the Alphington Softball Festival.
Teams from Culmstock, Alphington, Budleigh Salterton Witheridge and Kentisbeare in addition to Sidmouth took part in the festival.
Sponsors were Ivor Doble Jewellers, Western Event Hire, Hartnells Butchers, CTC Wholesalers, Bestway Cash and ‘n’ Carry. Island Sports donated a bat for the best player award.
Alphington A topped Group A with a maximum of nine points. Sidmouth B were second. Budleigh won Group B with Kentisbeare the runners up.
Alphington beat Kentisbeare by 20 runs to reach the final, where Sidmouth B were waiting after defeating Budleigh by 8 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth A lost in the semi-finals of the Plate competition to Witheridge, who went on to defeat Culmstock in the final.
Each team had a player of the tournament. Sidmouth were Toby Neumegen for the A team and Oliver Pugsley in the B team.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
The Sidmouth teams were:
Sidmouth A: Max Mayor, Joshua Hague, Alexander Mitchell, Finlay Richards, Sam Burhop, Jack Cload, Toby Neumegen, Harley Symonds, Daniel Mayor.
Sidmouth B: Jasper Fitzhenry, Jordan Fowler, Max Hancock, Louis Spalding, Cole Monaghan, Hugo Powell-Jones, Elliot Wright, Oliver Pugsley.
Organiser Stuart Shaw said: “Everyone who came to watch the festival was given a great day of U10s soft ball cricket and this will now be run as a annual event.”