Sidmouth Under-10s encounter new skills in double-header at Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
Touring side Cirencester were part of the package deal and showed Sidmouth a thing or two.
Sidmouth went into their meeting with Cirencester with confidence. However, Cirencester soon rattled that by scoring two early tries.
The visitors’ tackling and ripping were at a much higher standard than Sidmouth have experienced this season and it took a while for them to get into the game.
Cirencester players were fast and determined with a great defence which kept Sidmouth out
However, Sidmouth kept up the pressure with Ryan Cozens taking the lead and showing great determination in driving and tackling for the ball.
You may also want to watch:
There were some good rucks and mauls with Will Cockayne-Cottrell using his strength and height to drive the ball forward.
Sidmouth eventually broke through the Cirencester line and Will Bolton scored a deserved try in a 20-5 defeat.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Sidmouth were warned up for the game against Exmouth, which they went on to win 40-5.
The game started well for Sidmouth with brilliant passing and runs from Bolton and Thomas Fletcher.
Louis Cornick had a great game and joined Bolton and Thomas in scoring two tries.
Ryan Cozens organised well and kept the team focused and moving forward.
Charlie and Freddie Roberts kept the Exmouth team at bay with strong tackling.
Oliver Bond, Will Crick and Sam Cole also played their part in tackling and keeping Exmouth away from the scoring line.
Gabriel Roberts contributed with great speed and passing to help Sidmouth score another two tries – one from Cozens and the last from Bolton.
Man of the match was shared between Cozens and Bolton.