Sidmouth Under-10s enjoy handsome success at Withycombe
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s were handsome 12 tries to one winners when they travelled to meet Withycombe for their latest action.
With both teams having good numbers for the game it was decided to play a contest of four quarters with regular rotation of substitutes.
The first quarter saw Sidmouth make a slow start and they made a number of mistakes which gave away easy opportunities. However, gradually the play became better and, with some excellent ripping of the ball, Sidmouth began to dominate and score a number of times.
The second quarter saw a vast change to the Sidmouth line-up, but the momentum was maintained and three further tries were scored thanks to some great open and enthusiastic encouragement from the coaching staff.
There was more of the same throughout the third quarter as the Sidmouth team grew in confidence.
You may also want to watch:
In one instant a Sidmouth player ran through the opposition with several players hanging off him as he went over the try line!
The final quarter saw some more strong running and great defence, then latter denying the hosts any chance to score aside of the one last consolation they did get!
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
Sidmouth: George Tanner, Will Pulman, Timmy Brookes, Lottie Reid, Noah Finlay, Jed Wade, Finn Cotton, Jake Paget, Jack Fanning, Ned Coles, Thomas Fletcher, Charlie Brock, Oliver Marsh and Luca Manning.