Sidmouth Under-10s enjoy handsome success at Withycombe
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-10s were handsome 12 tries to one winners when they travelled to meet Withycombe for their latest action.
With both teams having good numbers for the game it was decided to play a contest of four quarters with regular rotation of substitutes.
The first quarter saw Sidmouth make a slow start and they made a number of mistakes which gave away easy opportunities. However, gradually the play became better and, with some excellent ripping of the ball, Sidmouth began to dominate and score a number of times.
The second quarter saw a vast change to the Sidmouth line-up, but the momentum was maintained and three further tries were scored thanks to some great open and enthusiastic encouragement from the coaching staff.
There was more of the same throughout the third quarter as the Sidmouth team grew in confidence.
You may also want to watch:
In one instant a Sidmouth player ran through the opposition with several players hanging off him as he went over the try line!
The final quarter saw some more strong running and great defence, then latter denying the hosts any chance to score aside of the one last consolation they did get!
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
Sidmouth: George Tanner, Will Pulman, Timmy Brookes, Lottie Reid, Noah Finlay, Jed Wade, Finn Cotton, Jake Paget, Jack Fanning, Ned Coles, Thomas Fletcher, Charlie Brock, Oliver Marsh and Luca Manning.