Sidmouth Under-10s enjoy their first season.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth fielded a new side this season, an Under-10s hard ball pairs team.
This format of cricket provides a good challenge for the more experienced players to prepare for the next stage of hardball cricket.
The club were able to put together a group of 14 boys and girls who all worked hard throughout the season.
Part of the challenge was wearing pads, helmets and gloves for the first time – and not just learning to play in the equipment as there were quite a few funny moments when the youngsters tried to get the kit on!
The team will be in action this Sunday (August 21) at the club’s Fortfield home when they will play a side from Windsor Cricket Club.
You may also want to watch:
The game begins at noon and spectators will be made very welcome!
Recently the team made the short trip to the County Ground, Taunton thanks to Devon Cricket officer Matt Cooke who organised for the team play a friendly match against a similar standard side during the luncheon interval of a Somerset home match. Weston-super-Mare provided the opposition and all-round the youngsters enjoyed a very special day.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
All involved would like to say a resounding thank you to Matt Cooke for setting up the opportunity.